Local update from Baildon's Conservative Councillors
(Photo taken pre-COVID)
As your local Councillors it is helpful for us to be made aware of any problems or concerns in the area. Unfortunately at present we are not allowed to hold Councillor Surgeries due to Covid-19.
During the past few months we have been actively helping people needing help during these unprecedented times. If you need any help specifically relating to the pandemic please contact us or the Bradford Council Contact Centre on 01274 431000.
We chose to use our Coronavirus Support Grant to support the Friends groups of Sandal Primary, Hoyle Court Primary, Baildon Church School and Glenaire Primary in recognition of the fact that children have had a very unsettling time and we hope that our contribution will go towards something fun for them when they are all back in school. We also chose to fund the unicorn and dinosaur that went around Baildon in the summer providing some much needed cheer. In addition we have donated some funds to Shipley Glen Tramway as their income has been drastically affected through necessary closure, Baildon Community Link, Baildon Town Council towards the printing of information/advice leaflets and St John’s Parish Church (Neighbourhood Support Centre). We have a small amount of money left from the grant, if you would like to suggest a deserving cause impacted by the pandemic please get in touch.
Given the recent cold and wintery weather, this link to the Council's winter and gritting page may be useful: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/emergencies/winter-and-gritting/winter-and-….
News Round Up!
- JIGSAW MATCH: Jigsaws of all shapes and sizes are available for free unlimited time loan - please collect from the lobby of Baildon Community Link (Monday-Thursday 10am-4pm) or contact Cllr Debbie Davies to arrange collection. Free delivery in Baildon/Esholt!
- BOOKS: Baildon Imagination Library is for children aged 0-5 years living in BD17. To register your child to receive a free age-appropriate book each month to your home address visit www.imaginationlibrary.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01274 587834.
- SLOW DOWN! If you would like a ‘Slow Down’ sticker to put on your wheelie bin/s please get in touch with us – they can serve as a useful reminder.
- FORMER MARTINS NEWSAGENT: We were very sorry that the Post Office closed but the building is now up for let and we are pleased the Post Office agreed to leave their equipment in situ in the hope that the post office may re-open.
- LEAVES: We received several reports of leaves leaving roads and pavements very slippery – if this is a problem in your street please get in touch.
- RESURFACING: We are pleased that following a request from a resident that the Council agreed to some resurfacing work on Heaton Crescent recently. If your street needs attention please let us know.
- POTHOLES: Please let us know if there are any dangerous potholes or report direct on www.bradford.gov.uk
- STREET LIGHTS: Please let us know if any street lights need fixing.
- BUCK LANE FOOTBRIDGE: We are delighted this has now re-opened as it is very well used. We have requested that any future repairs be scheduled rather than be emergencies so that the bridge is closed for as short a time as possible.
- BAILDON LIBRARY: The library is currently open limited hours due to Covid and can only operate a ‘Click and Collect’ service. For further details call 01274 581425.
- MINI ROUNDABOUT: Bradford Council is planning to build a mini roundabout at the junction of Roundwood Road/Otley Road with the aim of improving traffic flow and safety.
- HALL CLIFFE: This is currently one way in order to enable pedestrians to walk on either side due to Covid. A suggestion has been made to make it permanent but there would be a full consultation undertaken before that happens to consider the pros and cons of such a change.
- STREET SIGNS: There are several missing and broken street signs in the vicinity – if yours needs replacing or repairing please get in touch.
- BINS: If you see any overflowing bins or dumped rubbish please let us know.
- PLAYGROUNDS: If you spot any damaged equipment or any needing re-painting please let us know.
- RIGHTS OF WAY: If any footpaths, bridleways etc. are blocked or overgrown please get in touch.
- GRANTS: Over the past five years Baildon ward has benefited from over £5000 in Shipley Area Committee Community Chest grants. Successful applicants include Tong Park Esholt Cricket Club, Baildon Cricket Club, Baildon Men’s Shed, 3rd, 4th and 8th Baildon Guides, Esholt War Memorial Institute, Baildon Community Link, Hall Cliffe Community Garden, Baildon Imagination Library, Baildon Village Pre-School, Baildon Rugby Union Football Club, Baildon Methodist Church and Friends of Denson Marston Nature Reserve. If you know of any group who may wish to bid for funding please get in touch with us.
- ROADS: Resurfacing has recently taken place on Heaton Drive and Surface Dressing (tar spray and chippings) on Bank View, Hill Close, Green Road, Southdown Road, St John’s Court and Oakroyd Terrace.
COUNCILLOR DEBBIE DAVIES COUNCILLOR MIKE POLLARD COUNCILLOR VAL TOWNEND
If you have any issues or concerns that you would like to raise with us please get in touch using the details below.
Councillor Debbie Davies
2 Hartlington Court, Baildon
Shipley, BD17 6HQ
Tel: (01274) 587834
Councillor Mike Pollard
8 Moorfield Drive, Baildon
Shipley, BD17 6LQ
Tel: (01274) 593482
Councillor Val Townend
13 Belmont Avenue, Baildon
Shipley, BD17 5AJ
Tel: (01274) 587248